Staunton Harold Sailing Club is a friendly club situated in Derbyshire on an open water with attractive surroundings. We have a modern and comfortable clubhouse. Sailing is available all year round with a comprehensive training programme. We also have an active youth and junior fleet and a full social programme.
Currently the club has approximately 800 members, with ages from five to over 70 participating in very active racing and cruising sections. The racing is on Sundays, Saturdays and Wednesday evenings in the Spring, Summer and Autumn, and most Sundays during the Winter. Members can cruise any time so long as there is a safety boat on the water, with Thursday and Friday nights reserved exclusively for them. The club also holds open meetings annually for Fireballs, Lasers, RS200s, Scorpions, GP14s, Enterprises, Comets, Optimists, and Toppers.
The club has been a Volvo Youth Sailing RYA Champion Club for some time, and as such has a very active and enviable comprehensive training school with a good number of RYA trained instructors drawn from within the membership.Sailing courses include RYA Levels 1 and 2 (both adult and youth) for members and non-members, refresher days, learning to race days, and 'taster' days for non members keen to give sailing a try. Powerboat courses include RYA Levels 1 and 2 certification, and safety boat certification - Quoted from the SHSC Facebook page
- Location of Staunton Harold Sailing Club
- Staunton Harold Sailing Club on the Web (including contact information)
- Dinghy Classes sailed at Staunton Harold Sailing Club
- Tips for sailing at Staunton Harold Sailing Club
Staunton Harold Sailing Club,
Calke Road, Melbourne,
You can find the club's own location page here
Staunton Harold Sailing Club on the Web
Official Website: www.shsc.org.uk
- You can find a general email address on this page
- You can also get the email addresses for all the Committee here
Other web pages for Staunton Harold Sailing Club:
SHYC don't appear to have a YouTube channel, but fortunately there are loads of good videos of sailing at the club. The first has to be this one - a promotional video showcasing everything the club has to offer:
This video from the RYA, produced when SHSC won the Club of the Year award in 2014, is also excellent on what the club offers and how it is run:
This video is also quite lovely:
Main Dinghy Classes Sailed at Staunton Harold Sailing Club
Tips for sailing at Staunton Harold Sailing Club
- SHYC has a weather page on their site with local information
- This is the WindGuru page for the Staunton Harold Reservoir
- Not applicable
- The club provides some information on local B&Bs, and they also have space on-site for camping.